Different users have access to different functions of the site. Wiki founders are given administrator and bureaucrat access. They can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat.
Anyone can read the wiki as well as create new pages and edit unprotected pages, including users without a user account. Any non-banned user is free to create a user account.
Users who have created an account and logged in (this is free and only requires a username and password) can change the title of a page by moving it.
- Logged in users can upload an image or other file to the wiki. There are restrictions on which file types can be uploaded.
- Logged in users can mark a page on recent changes as "patrolled" to show other users that they have checked an edit.
- Logged in users can also customize the display of the wiki using Special:Preferences, as well as maintain a page watchlist.
Bots are scripts designed to make repetitive edits on a wiki that would normally be very tedious, such as changing a link or a word. Since bots edit quickly and in great abundance, their edits are hidden from Special:Recentchanges. You can view bots' activity by clicking the "Show bots" link at the top of the page.
Administrators can delete pages and page histories. They can also undelete a previously deleted page, or undelete specific revisions of it. Administrators can also delete uploaded files, but cannot undelete them.
- Administrators can protect a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Administrators can block an IP address or user name from editing.
- Administrators can revert bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link which appears on diff pages and user contributions lists.
- Administrators can edit the to make changes to the interface.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They are not currently able to remove admin access from any user. Please contact Angela if you need this done.
A checkuser can check the IP address of a username against other IP addresses, increasing abilities to find sockpuppets, find the root of a major vandal, or help an anonymous user log in to his or her account.